Competitive Selection of Partner Cities in Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts
Attention! The USAID Municipal Energy Reform Project in Ukraine (USAID Project) announces the competitive selection of partner cities and/or territorial communities in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts – exclusively for the territories controlled by the Government of Ukraine.
One important direction in implementing the USAID Project is working with partner cities to improve the efficiency of municipal energy resource consumption. This goal is achieved by training specialists and assisting the cities in developing Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAPs) and similar documents that identify energy development and promote the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions. These plans are based on energy audits of the energy supply systems and systems for providing communal services. In addition, the USAID Project supports the cities in the creation of their municipal energy management systems, and assists with attracting finances for implementing the measures identified in the energy plans and SEAP.
Directions of cooperation between the USAID Project and selected cities and/or territorial communities in the eastern regions may include:
• Energy audits (scanning) of the key energy systems (SEAP sectors: heat supply, water supply, transport, solid household waste, etc.);
• Energy audits of buildings (as a preliminary phase for preparing demonstration projects or feasibility studies and business plans);
• Assistance in developing and finalizing the SEAP or other energy plans;
• Creating catalogues of investment projects, as well as investment programs, if needed;
• Developing project proposals for IFIs (EBRD, NEFCO, EIB) or private investors (PPP);
• Assistance in establishing and improving the energy management system (organization of trainings, development of the documents, etc.);
• Assistance in organizing work within existing IFI projects;
• Legal support for implementing PPP and ESCO mechanisms, trainings on PPP and ESCO issues;
• Establishing or improving existing Condominium Clean Energy Resource Centers;
• Information campaigns (information materials, billboards, TV PSAs about energy saving; issue-related TV programs, press briefings, conferences).
The deadline for submitting applications – 20 October 2016 before 6.00 p.m.
You can find a sample Memorandum of Understanding between USAID Municipal Energy Reform Project in Ukraine and City Council on Cooperation as Part of Technical Assistance to the City here.
Please call with your questions at (044) 596-596-0.